How to NOG

Malte von dem Hagen malte.von.dem.hagen at heg.com
Mo Dez 12 01:42:34 CET 2016

Hi Job,

Am 11.12.2016 um 23:23 schrieb Job Snijders <job at ntt.net>:
> Recently I attended ITNOG2 in Bologna and shared some of my experiences
> from NLNOG with the Italians to help. ITNOG2 was a day filled with good
> and technical talks, much like DENOG.
>
> Slides: http://www.itnog.it/pastevents/itnog2/files/ITNOG2_How_to_NOG.pdf
> Video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2pRVGpVF5s
>
> The talk essentially is a pitch to encourage the Italian folks to set up
> a legal non-profit entity to facilitate the meetings and other activities.
>
> Every country has its own charms and challenges, so please don't take
> any of this as copy+paste material, but mold it into something that is
> befitting for DENOG culture.

thanks for the input. I watched the video and browsed through the slides,
this just encourages what our gutt already told us - it’s more than time to
build a non profit org for DENOG. We obviously had help from several
institutions in the past, especially for meeting org, but things as simple
as repos for example configs or the mentioned APDN idea need some more than
that.

I really hope this finds community consensus, but we’ll see (and I’ll wait
with board proposals until we have at least some feedback ;-))

Cheers,

Malte
--
Malte von dem Hagen
Director Networks

Host Europe Internet GmbH is a company of HEG

Email: malte.von.dem.hagen at heg.com
Telephone: +49 2203 99340
Office: Hansestrasse 79, 51149 Cologne

Host Europe Internet GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
HRB 78934 Amtsgericht Köln
Geschäftsführer: Patrick Pulvermüller, Tobias Mohr, Dr. Christian Koch