DENOG eine Struktur geben - warum und welche?

Malte von dem Hagen malte.von.dem.hagen at heg.com
Mo Dez 12 11:45:10 CET 2016

Hej,

Am 12.12.2016 um 11:34 schrieb Job Snijders <job at ntt.net>:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:06:21AM +0100, Kai 'wusel' Siering wrote:
>> [1] »DENOG ist eine Community für Menschen, die am Internet in
>> Deutschland forschen, es betreiben und weiter entwickeln. Im Rahmen
>> dieses technischen Forums treffen sich Menschen, die mit, für oder am
>> Internet arbeiten und netzwerkspezifische Themen mit gleichgesinnten
>> diskutieren, um sie dadurch einfacher lösen zu können.«
>> (http://www.denog.de/main.php?lang=de)
>
> To share some information from NLNOG. NLNOG is a "Stichting" - which is
> a legal non-profit structure without membership (unlike an e.V.). In the
> Netherlands such entities are used to accomplish some kind of goal (read
> more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stichting)

the German „Stiftung“ has some disadvantages compared to the „eingetragener
Verein“, esp. concerning fiscal aspects and the level of democracy. And,
last but least, Germans love Vereine ;-)

> I don't consider NLNOG an organisation for lobbying: it does not have
> the mandate to do so by its statues. I also feel it would distract from
> the core mission: bring together the operator community and facilitate
> them to help each other with knowledge, tools & services.

Agree. When I mentioned this, I more had things in mind like RFC/BCOP
participation, maybe dealing with vendors as somone else mentioned etc. Not
politics ;-)

.m
--
Malte von dem Hagen
Director Networks

Host Europe Internet GmbH is a company of HEG

Email: malte.von.dem.hagen at heg.com
Telephone: +49 2203 99340
Office: Hansestrasse 79, 51149 Cologne

Host Europe Internet GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
HRB 78934 Amtsgericht Köln
Geschäftsführer: Patrick Pulvermüller, Tobias Mohr, Dr. Christian Koch